[Instant Pot] Freezer Meal: White Chicken Chili
A super-satisfying high protein one-pot meal! If we were to pre-chop chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, they would risk overcooking when sharing the pot with our soaked-but-not-cooked white beans. For that reason, it works best to keep the whole split breast intact in your freezer meal, then shred or chop it after cooking. You also save yourself the job of carefully washing a raw-poultry cutting board on prep day!
Combine + Freeze:
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 poblano and/or Anaheim peppers chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 8 ounces dry great northern white beans soaked overnight
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast left whole, do not chop
How to Cook:
Dump into Instant Pot, add 2 cups of chicken broth, and cook for 20 minutes under high pressure. Allow 10 minutes for natural pressure release before opening the lid. Remove the chicken breast and shred or chop before returning to the pot.